Sunday 16 March 2014

FATHER: The Superhero of my life.



A Father, is born the second his child is. While it is true, that a mother gives birth to her baby, she nurtures him those 9 months where she shares her body with the baby and the moment the baby is out of her womb she supports and rears him. But while a mother gives "Birth" a father gives his child a "Life".

He gives his child a "Life", worth living and worth sharing. 

While you were busy coloring books in your kindergarten, he was standing in queues under the sun to buy your primary school admission forms. He did everything he could at that time to let 'YOU' make it to the best school. Then you grew up, from a primary kid who needed just good stationery you were now a teenager who wanted branded clothes, a cellphone and weekly outings with your friends. While you made all these demands, he was out there working 10 hours a day, making plans for everything, from what will be the venue of your birthday party to what college you might end up going to. He was not just working hard to support the family, but he was there throughout, when you scored your lowest grades and when you appeared on your school stage the very first time.


A Father is believe me, always planning. He has planned for you much much more than you have planned for yourself. And that is exactly what he does each night before he sleeps. Each night, when you might be out partying with your friends, or networking on social network sites, or you might just be doing nothing, he is probably having a tough time sleep. He is having intense discussions with your mother, or he is having a raging conflict in his mind as to how he can give "You" a better and more worthwhile life. So tonight, just see. See if he is actually sleeping well, see if you can do anything to make that happen. Most of you will be surprised.


Your Father has the biggest impact on you even when you don't know about it. For a son, it's how he sees himself as a father, as a husband and as a son when he grows old, while for a daughter its how she foresees her husband to be once she is married. A Father is in the true sense, a son's first hero and a daughter's first love.


I didn't even know earlier how he effected me so much but when I saw myself writing about food and fashion I realized that he is the one who made me so passionate about looking good all the time and made me aware of the whole "Living to eat concept". He governs my perspective, he has taught me to be the bigger person, he has taught me that to be loved, you need to be loving and the best of all, he has taught me to laugh, to my hearts content, just like there is no tomorrow.

Its not like we as children don't care, but to me it took 23 years of existence and a lot of emotional moments to realize how important a Father really is. I wouldn't want anyone else to work so hard for it.He makes me feel protected, he makes me feel that nothing can possibly go wrong simply because he is around, he made me realize how bad the world can be during my teenage, yet he allowed me to make my share of mistakes. So right from his weekly practice of buying me Nirula's jujube candies during my childhood, him cooking for me and my friends to him planning my birthday parties with more enthusiasm than me, each and everything he does and he has ever done makes me proud.

He is not perfect because he is not meant to be perfect. He has probably made his share of mistakes in life too but then, are you perfect? Is anyone free of faults? Absolutely nobody. Yet, despite his imperfections when I walk around with him, and he walks through the crowd, I see him and I feel proud, endlessly. I am in "Awe" of him each and every time I see him because he is the nearest anyone can ever get to being a true hero in my eyes. 

So whoever you are, a son or a daughter and wherever your Father is,just do one thing for him, be PROUD. Be proud of being his child. No matter how many times you have your differences, your fights, your conflicts always remember "Whatever he has done, does and will do, will always be for you!".


No comments:

Post a Comment